Legal Solutions Tailored
To Meet Your Individual Needs

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Estate Planning
  4.  » Guardianships And Elder Law

We Have Extensive Experience Handling Guardianships

Our attorneys understand the emotional and financial issues associated with guardianship. We provide comprehensive representation — we can help individuals obtain guardianships, as well as defend individuals against guardianship actions that are not warranted.

At Schwulst & Roseberry, P.C., we understand the different issues associated with full guardianship, as well as short-term guardianship. We will review your situation to determine the best course of action.

Guardianship Actions

There are two types of guardianship actions. The first type of guardianship provides legal authority to the guardian to care for and make decisions on behalf of the ward. The other provides legal authority for the guardian over a ward’s estate and financial matters. In some circumstances, both forms of guardianship actions may apply, such as for disabled adults or aging parents who are unable to care for themselves and their financial welfare.

Many situations can require guardianship over a person or their estate. Our law firm has helped many families with their guardianship issues. We can help you obtain guardianship for disabled children, disabled adults and individuals suffering dementia or Alzheimer’s.

We have extensive experience drafting and reviewing estate planning documents involving guardianship, including:

•Powers of attorney
•Medical directives
•Living wills

Elder Law Advocacy

At Schwulst & Roseberry, P.C., we understand the serious consequences of elder abuse and neglect. If you suspect your loved one is suffering physical, mental or emotional abuse from a care provider, we can help protect his or her rights. In certain situations, we can also help recover property and assets illegally obtained through coercion or other deceptive practices.

Free 30-Minute Consultation

Our lawyers offer the first 30 minutes of your consultation free of charge. Call us at 309-751-4101 to set up an appointment. Or you may send us an email.